Friday, December 12, 2008

Chestnut Tree

I’m living in Oceania
As of now
This world all around me
Is bring me down
I can’t take this anymore
Let me go.

Big brother’s here
He’s going to help you
Big brother’s here
To chop off your head

“It was only a hopeless fancy
It passed like an April day
But a look and a word and the dreams they stirred
They have stolen my heart away”

But it’ll never be gone
The hope for a better life
Smash me down, crush me
You don’t care

No one cares.

DOWN. DOWN. DOWN. DOWN.

Tear down the walls
Let them wash me away
Into an ocean of
Thought.

“They say that time heals all things
They say you can always forget
But the smiles and the tears across the years
They twist my heart string yet.”


Under the spreading chestnut tree,
I sold you and you sold me.
Here they lie, and here lie we,
Under the spreading chestnut tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the references to 1984.