Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Heartbeats

I sleep with one eye open
Should I live with both eyes closed?
A forbidden pasture running
Through the eyes of ghastly souls

These lines are here for nothing
Because I see the world fly by
Into darkness, darkness, darkness
Truth in a land of lies

Heap the hill of insanity
Dug into my skin
Look to a place of freedom
Over the tall, brick, wall.

A thin line goes between
Normal and insane
With a burden comes a message
Just gibberish, just gibberish

And the quiet people running
For it is they who underlie
But the silence they will bring
Will stop the evolution

Bright lights in a world of darkness
Is it we and we alone?
I know the heart is out there
Find me. Find me. Find me.

Reach out beyond the wilderness
Into the hands of I
Freedom lies within the vacancy
What is a soul?

No comments: